Wednesday, May 1, 2013

CRICUT: Design Studio - final cartridge update

Provocraft have announced that they will no longer be releasing updates to Design Studio. This includes both program updates and Content (cartridge) updates.

Here's their announcement: "In order to focus our attention and resources on creating and improving the Cricut® experience, we will not be providing further updates to the Cricut DesignStudio® software. In addition, any cartridges released after April 11, 2013 will not be updated to appear in the Cricut DesignStudio® software. We will still offer support, but there will be no additional content updates for the Cricut DesignStudio® software."

The final content update (v130401) was released early April 2013. That update contained the following cartridges:

Animal Antics
Boho Graphics Iron On
Brooklyn Iron On
Creative Cards
Creative Memories Tiny Treasures
Folk Art Festival
Outdoor Man
Southwest
Simple Cards
Something to Remember
Teresa Collins December 25th.

Any cartridges released after the above won't be added to DS. You can download the above update from: http://www.cricut.com/home/support/CDS (Select Cartridge Update 2.)

Any previous cartridges will be found in the Program Update (cartridges released up to Nov 2009) and Cartridge Update 1 (cartridges released after Nov 2009.)

4 comments:

Judy Webb said...

I have DS, but when Craft Room started, I moved there. Adjustment at first, but I must admit I love craft room. Nothing stays the same. I am a minor player, still using the personal Cricut. I have two obsolete Jukeboxes that are collecting dust. Thanks for your site.

D- said...

Thank you so much for the update info.
I too moved on to CCR mostly BUT I do still use CDS when the internet is not available.
I understand PCs need to move on but I am also sad at the same time.
I recently was blessed to have WON a Silhouette Portrait (blog candy) so I am so glad to see the Silhouette tutorials along with the Cricut ones.
Thanks again for sharing!
D-
Dragonfly50 (Cricut MB)
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com
(look I finally started my own blog. lol)

Emily said...

So what are they trying to say? The DS will be phasing out slowly? I use this all the time. Using the cricut E2 alone is so much trouble to me. I don't know why. I never had been able to get a good cut and forget about making something from create a critter! I end up crying! (yeah i'm a baby)I hate wasting paper. It comes out a big mess.
Oh well I thought it would be too good to be true. I was thinking about this the other day. Saying wow I can't believe that they provide a free studio. Then I said ah it might disappear one day like all other things I love. The irony

Narelle said...

What they're saying is that DS is finished. There'll be no more updates. If you want to use the newer cartridges you'll need to either use Cricut Craft Room or a Gypsy. DS isn't compatible with the E2 anyway so you'd need to be using CCR or a Gypsy if you don't want to use the machine as a standalone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...